Charlesworth Parish includes St Johns Ward Charlesworth, parts of the neighbouring village Simmondley and large areas of countryside. The Parish Council strive to make the Parish a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Please note that drainage works will be taking place on Charlesworth Village Green towards the end of April beginning of May 2017 (subject to weather conditions). The work is being carried out by QCS Civil Engineering, they will be working mainly at the top of the Green and the Drive, which should take approximately 5 days. The Green and the Drive will remain open for use during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience this work may cause.
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 20:41 by Sarah Wingrove
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of County Councillors
for the Divisions listed below
Number of County Councillors to be elected
Buxton North & East
Glossop & Charlesworth
Chapel & Hope Valley
1. Nomination papers must be hand delivered to the Deputy Returning Officer, Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton SK17 6EL on any working day after the date of this notice (excluding weekends and bank holidays) between the hours of 10.00 am and 4.00 pm BUT NO LATER THAN 4.00 PM ON TUESDAY 4th APRIL 2017. More »
2. Nomination papers may be obtained from the Deputy Returning Officer, Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton SK17 6EL during the times stated above.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on THURSDAY 4th MAY 2017 between the hours of 7.00 am and 10.00 pm.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Thursday 13th April 2017. Applications can be made online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton SK17 6EL by no later than 5.00pm on Tuesday 18th April 2017.
6. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton SK17 6EL by no later than 5.00pm on Tuesday 25th April 2017.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of a physical incapacity or for work/service reasons, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer, Buxton Town Hall, Market Place, Buxton SK17 6EL by 5.00pm on Thursday 4th May 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5.00pm on Tuesday 25th April 2017. To apply on the grounds of work/service reasons the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5.00pm on Tuesday 25th April 2017.
Dated: 27th March 2017 Deputy Returning Officer » Less
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 18:50 by Sarah Wingrove
DERBYSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ELECTIONS 4th MAY 2017
BRIEFING FOR PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES AND AGENTS
Derbyshire County Council Elections will soon be here.
Are you thinking of becoming a candidate? If the answer is YES then the following session is an invaluable guide to the process of becoming a candidate.
Details regarding the nomination process and other matters will be explained.
Tuesday 7th March 2017 at 6.00 pm More »
The Cafe, Pavilion Gardens, Buxton
Further information can be obtained from Electoral Services on 01298 28400 Ext 2133
S W Baker
Deputy Returning Officer » Less
Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:00 by Sarah Wingrove